Thinking About Moving House? Prepare ahead and Hire a Skip Bin
To Make Moving Easier and Stress-Free! Moving house is often cited as one of the most stressful life experiences and involves preparing the house for sale, a lot of paperwork, kids, packing, cleaning and storage…
Before you start feeling stressed about the moving process, make sure you check out these steps and handy tips for a smooth house transition.
8 Weeks Before your Moving Date | Start organising your items
There’s no point moving all your belongings you no longer need, so pre-move 8 weeks in advance is ideal. Go into storage spaces and throw out, sell or donate anything you no longer use, and the rest of your items should be ready to pack.
6 Weeks Before your Moving Date | Gather packing supplies you’ll need
If you are doing your own packaging, which most people will, you will need plenty of boxes. Gathering boxes from liquor stores and supermarkets and collecting from local classified ads or community sites such as Gumtree are a cheap option. You can also purchase all your packing materials from a moving supply company. Make sure you label everything and be very specific when you pack so you can find things easier at your new home.
4 Weeks Before your Moving Date | Hiring Domestic Skip Bin
Once you’ve divided items you no longer need into saleable, donatable and throw, this is the perfect time to hire your skip bins from Smartskip. Skip bins are an open design bin and they are delivered right to your door and then they get picked up on a pre-arranged day.
Handy Tips for your next skip bin hire:
- Check the sizes of skip bins and prices of skip bins by filling out our online free quote and find out which one is the most suitable for you.
- Organise a date for your domestic skip bin hire and organise for the skip to arrive before you start packing if possible.
- You can keep your skip bin for up to 7 days, so it would be a good idea to schedule all your packing process at this time.
- Make sure you are up to date with our Condition of Hire and Usage of Bins
- A Skip bin will allow you to work effectively and efficiently in the packing process making your house moving experience stress free!
View our skip bin hire sizing chart here
Hire a Skip Bin Brisbane today!
Currently Smartskip is providing skip bin hire Brisbane for commercial or domestic use across the Greater Brisbane suburbs and surrounds including West Brisbane Region, Toowoomba, Ipswich, North Brisbane Suburbs up to Caboolture, Moreton Bay and Bribie Island, East Brisbane Suburbs, Redland Bay, Brisbane Southside Suburbs, Logan, and Gold Coast through to Tweed Heads.
View our FAQ's for more information on skip bin hire Brisbane. Our domestic skip bin hire is suitable for a range of uses such as:
- hire a skip for household cleanups
- hire a skip for downsizing when moving house
- hire a skip for home office cleanups or relocations
- hire a skip for cleanups and downsizing of household items for a deceased estate
- hire a skip for rental properties cleanups
- hire a skip for home renovations
View Smartskip's Conditions of Skip Bin Hire and Usage of Skip Bins
For skip bin hire Brisbane then contact Smartskip today for your skip bin hire needs.